The Battle Kukkus are an imperialistic avian society, functioning as the antagonists during Tails' second solo outing, Tails Adventures. The birds invade Cocoa Island searching for the Chaos Emeralds, and Tails finds himself the only thing standing in the way of their diabolical plans.
The Battle Kukkus field a very well-provisioned expeditionary army for the assault on Cocoa Island. On top of artificial islands, mecha tanks, anti-sumbarine cruisers, and flamethrower-wielding AT-ATs, the empire's conventional forces include any number of uniformed bird soldiers, as well as intelligent robot drones and advanced machinery. After their Battle Fortress collapses into the sea at the end of the game, the Kukku's invasion plans are thwarted; the birds have never been seen or heared from again.
- Grand Battle Kukku 15th, the dictator-like leader of the army. He is larger than most Kukkus, and is the final boss of the game, faced at the end of Battle Fortress 2. He fights by scattering bombs all around him and throwing Tails himself if the fox gets too close.
- Battle Kukku 16th, aka "Speedy", is the son of Grand Battle Kukku 15th. Speedy is a quick green Kukku who, despite his natural aerial agility, sometimes wears armor equipped with an energy gun and a jet engine that lets him take even faster flight. He appears as a boss twice during the game, first on Polly Mountain 1 and then in the Battle Fortress just before Tails faces his father.
- Dr. Fukurokov, the army's main scientist. The boss of Coco Island, Fukurokov does not actually fight, as he instead lets his defensive machinery take care of Tails. His tendency to overlook little details is his greatest weakness - specificly, overlooking the large boulder balanced precariously above his head.
- While they only appeared in Tails Adventure, a seemingly cancelled storyline for the Archie comics would have introduced the Battle Kukku Army as villains in an issue following #134.
- Most Kukku enemies are blue-feathered, although the jet pilots in Battle Fortress 1 have red plumage and the ruling dynasty is green. There's also Doctor Fukurokov, who is a brown-feathered owl.
- There is a similarity between Speedy the Kukku, Bean the Dynamite and Jet the Hawk; they are three bird characters who are all green. Also, Grand Battle Kukku 15th and Bean both use bombs as their weapon of choice.
- It was revealed in the Archie comics that Bean the Dynamite and the Destructix's Predator Hawk were once part of the Battle Kukku Armada.
- The Battle Kukku Army's motivations, including the invasion of locales to try and get the Chaos Emeralds, is heavily reminiscient to the Red Ribbon Army's goals involving the Dragon Balls in Dragon Ball.
|Heroes||Sonic | Tails | Knuckles | Amy Rose | Cream | Silver | Big | Vector | Espio | Charmy | Mighty | Blaze | Tikal | Marine | Chip | Caliburn|
|Neutral||Shadow | Rouge | Omega | Shade | Chaos | Gamma | Emerl | Jet | Wave | Storm | Pachacamac | Bark | Bean|
|Villains||Eggman | Wendy | Carrotia | Fockewulf | Bearanger | Nega | Metal | Fang | Biolizard | Babylon Guardian | Doom | Mephiles | Erazor | Whisker | Johnny | Mini | Mum | 3.0 | Ifrit | Ix | Dark Gaia | Black Knight|
|Groups||Badnik | Flicky | Chao | Knuckles Tribe | E-Series | G.U.N. | Black Arms | Nocturnus | Kron | N'rrgal | Voxai | Zoah | Battle Kukku Army | Dark Gaia's minions|
|Miscellaneous||Gerald | Maria | Elise | Vanilla | Coconut Crew | Shahra | Pickle | Merlina|
|Transformations||Super Sonic | Super Tails | Super Knuckles | Super Shadow | Super Silver | Hyper Sonic | Hyper Knuckles | Burning Blaze | Dark Sonic | Darkspine Sonic | Sonic the Werehog | Excalibur-Sonic | Devil Doom | Perfect Chaos | Super Ix|